Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday Mantra and brief update

"In order to do something well, we must first be willing to do it badly." - Julia Cameron

Five updates related to this quote:
1) I'm learning to let go of perfectionism and see what happens.
2) I'm beading jewelry and dreaming of beads again (just had one last night).
3) I'm wholeheartedly seeking a place/opportunity to learn how to garden and give
back to the Earth.
4) I'm starting a business.
5) I'm learning to water the good seeds in my consciousness like love, peace and
compassion instead of those seeds that hoard and attract fear, anger and hatred
(Thank you Thich Nhat Hanh for this lovely analogy).

Following your heart is not easy to do. Neither is taking risks, but the best realization I had this morning was that in order to be good at something, you must be willing to "fail" as well. You cannot be perfect.

Some of the most exciting revelations in our lives come from "failures" or accidents. I do not view these happenings to be failures or accidents but what and how life is meant to be.

2 comments:

Noelle said...

Great post, Kali, and such an inspiring quote. I'm at a similar turning point in my life (thinking about starting a small business myself), and this was just what I needed to hear!

kay jay said...

Noelle, I'm glad it inspired you to pursue your dreams. I would love to hear more about it soon. Also, a good book I'd recommend for awakening your inner artist and supporting yourself this way (overcoming such mental obstacles) is by Julia Cameron, it's called the Artist's Way. I posted briefly about it in this blog post: http://wakeupitsyourlife.blogspot.com/2009/12/healthy-christmas-list.html

Hope you are well!