Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My soul is still alive

Just a quick note to let you know that I will be back to blogging more regularly starting soon--when soon is, I am not sure, but it will be soon I know. I've been in the middle of finishing my thesis and preparing for a wedding, so I have not been around much to post.

What I will leave you with is a quote that I have been pondering a lot lately, from Vaclav Havel (playwright, prisoner, former president of Czech republic) about the importance of soul work:

"Consciousness precedes being...for this reason, the salvation of this human world lies nowhere else than in the human heart, in the human power to reflect, in human modesty, and in human responibility. Without a global revolution in the sphere of human consciousness, nothing will change for the better."


If that's not enough to get you thinking, this quote is a nice pairing for more reflection:

"What is soul? Consciousness. The more awareness, the deeper the soul. When such essence overflows, you feel sacredness around." -RUMI

No comments: