Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Harborview Cafe

This past Sunday I took an excursion with some of my fellow classmates/friends from my program to Lake Pepin to eat lunch at Harborview Cafe. We were also going to stop at the National Eagle Center in Wabasha which is nearby, but we happened to see a lot of eagles perched in trees and flying around on our scenic drive so we skipped the center. And when I say scenic drive, I mean it, it may be one of the best places to go to look at fall colors (which were just starting to turn--I may need to return if I have time one day this fall).

I came on here to share the report that the food was very, very good. Not surprising if you check out the reviews for the restaurant. Although (per usual) there were people waiting outside for the restaurant to open, we were lucky we didn't have a long wait and were able to be seated right away. The service was friendly. The proportions were quite large and the entrees were spendier from about $16-$30, but it was well worth it. They also only accept cash or check. I ended up getting the telefonos which are like a Roman-style, stuffed rice ball (is the best way I can think to describe it). The restaurant just said risotto, but it was like a rice and cheese ball. Yum. Their fish looked excellent, but due to the recent discovery that I have high levels of mercury in my system I am a little hesistant to eat fish. Which is a total bummer! But at least I have a better idea about why I can be mad as a hatter ;)

Here are some photos of the field trip. It felt good to be with school friends away from school and the stress of school. I think another field trip will have to be scheduled. Unfortunately looking at the calendar it might have to be after the semester is over!

Camille and me waiting for the cafe to open


Liz, Em and Ang


The girls


My meal, the telefonos


Ang's rainbow trout


Group shot after the meal

No comments: