Wednesday, July 22, 2009

White rice, butter, and soy sauce. My ultimate comfort food.

Stereotypical you think, but seriously, what's not to love about starchy carbs, with a little fat and a pinch of salt? Or in more savory words, fluffy, hot'n'fresh from da cookaa white rice, smothered in butter (liquid gold) and dashed with soy... saucey!!! Exactly. Sign me up for another bowl! Man...I wish...but I should behave, this is already big bowl numba two on the day.

Anyway...pardon my post anat-phys class hunger, its unavoidable. After listening to how hard our bodies are at work, one can't help but feel the need to replenish/reward oneself for all the hard labor going down in the bod-or at least construct a good excuse to.

But truly, on a serious note I came on here for other reasons than to shout out my fave comfort food/show my rice appreciation. I really came here to generally express my gratitude for not only the nourishment this snack provides me on a physiological and emotional level but to give virtual thanks for blessing me with a healthy and functioning body. I know, I know. We always remember how we take things for granted, for a split second, and then we forget about it and continue on with our lives not thinking much on it. But after spending some of my summer nights learning about the human body and the crazy feats it can do, I can save you the details, but I cannot go without acknowledging how incredible the human body is, and how I admire its basic functions and its will to live and all that jazz.

Our lives are precious, our bodies are precious. Life is a gift. Health is a privilege. Our bodies are healthy today, sick tomorrow-- it is only good practice to appreciate what we have and pay our respect to ourselves and listen to our bodies and keep them sacred and whole. We only have one body and one mind. Let's not pollute them. Take care of yourself, you are too awesome to do otherwise.

No comments: